We’re looking for a social media manager to grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of our company. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Pinterest, and potentially additional channels (Snapchat, Instagram, Vine, etc.).
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to both spread our brand and our content and links.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussion about our company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing customers and leads and from brand new audiences that don’t yet know us.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success, ranging from Twitter chats, to Google+ Hangouts, to LinkedIn conversations, as well as the content and links posted through these and other channels.
- Work alongside other marketers and content producers to help distribute content that educates and entertains our audience.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and new social networks to reach our target buyers.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- Active and well-rounded personal presence on social media, with a command of each network and their best practices.
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions.
- Proficiency in Social Inbox to segment Twitter followers by lifecycle stage and engage accordingly. You will be our ear to the ground to route the appropriate marketer, sales rep, and/or support rep to social conversations.
- Bonus experience and skills include Adobe Creative Suite, demand generation marketing, inbound marketing, and blogging.
- Number of followers. Is your audience at a state of growth? While important to track, be mindful this is a vanity metric. There are more powerful indicators you have a successful social media strategy.
- Number of likes/shares/comments/retweets. How engaging does your audience find your content? This also falls under vanity metrics, but it’s still important to know how the audience is receiving your content.
- Visits to website from social channels. How effective is your content’s call-to-action?
- Reputation score. By providing social customer service and tracking the sentiment of your audience, a Social Media Manager is on the front lines of reputation management and identifying broader issues that may need to be addressed by the company.
- Retention/refund rate. A solid social media strategy will positively effect these rates.
- Number of content/product gaps resolved. Like Community Managers, Social
- Media Managers actively listen to their audience. How many gaps were identified and resolved
- Partnerships made. By curating short lists of key influencers and reaching out through the social web, Social Media Managers are key in creating mutually beneficial connections with authority figures and industry leaders.
- Number of inbound links and earned media mentions. While this info is more qualitative than quantitative, this number should increase with an effective social media strategy.
If you’re excited by this, if you’re ready to maximize your potential, if you’re ready to “SCALE UP” in your life and help the company scale up whilst making a difference then apply today with your resume. Video resumes preferred. Apply now and let’s do this together.