We are one of the more respected and fastest growing internet marketing education training company in our industry; focused on Impact, Influence & creating income – for both ourselves and our clients. We have a track record of growing companies (7 of them) to the 7 figure level and beyond – and now we want to grow the companies to the next level. We are scaling up towards the $100M level & beyond.
If you’re an A-Player, self-starter, driver, get-things done have a great winning attitude towards business, life and making a difference – then we are interested in you helping us Scale Up.
This role is for a super star experienced Event Operations Manager to join our team.
- Management responsibilities over the event operations teams
- Work with leadership team to enhance and revise operations policies and procedures and update and revise the Operations Manual which will enhance the quality and professionalism of our brand and product
- Stakeholder in planning process.
- Responsible for leading and influencing cross-functional teams in support of business objectives and customer objectives.
- Ensures company alignment and enforces timelines on projects with assigned teams to ensure successful and timely execution.
- Analytical ability to monitor profitability and cost effectiveness during program planning and implementation
- High influence on costs, sales, and ability to increase profits – directly influencing repeat sales through quality and advocacy of programs
- Represent the operations team in client RFP responses, presentations and in client/partner escalation issues
- With site selection and purchasing team, review vendor contracts and serve as point of escalation for vendor issues
- Review all budgets, forecasted hours vs. actual hours for team members, review and approve timecards, expense reports and cost center reports, forecast headcount quarterly and annually
- Quality control operations documents: key dates, budgets, program reports, event specs, all program communications materials (print and e-communications), room lists, document formatting and final reconciliation reports
- Provide on-site management support for program operations, as required
- Ensure a superior customer experience through best-in-class event delivery
- Utilize analytics to measure success of programs, make modifications/recommendations for future programs based performance analysis
- Communicate insights to key decision-makers to help shape the future of the business
- Actively create an environment, which pushes for outstanding performance, from both the internal teams and from partners.
- Hold all stakeholders accountable for results and ensure necessary analysis is undertaken to improve future initiatives/performance.
- Create an environment that fosters creativity, innovation, and partnership.
- Articulate a “best in class” expectation every day
- An organizational master;
- Understands roles & responsibilities of the cross-functional teams and fully engages other partners to achieve objectives
- A planner and a closer – articulates the big picture plan and sets expectations of partners to deliver against it
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills
- Strategic thinker – able to take key program features, benefits, and messages combined with knowledge of business analytics and define new strategies and tactics
- Passion for the events industry
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5 years of demonstrated success and increasing responsibility in convention, conference, incentive and event management experience in a hotel or third-party agency setting
- Minimum of (5) years supervisory/management experience
- Ability to interface effectively with clients to ensure implementation of programs are based upon client specifications and budgets
- Proven experience in developing and managing diverse teams
- Strong communication skills, diligent proofreading skills, and commitment to process and procedure improvement
- Skillful problem solver
- Demonstrated knowledge of registration/customer service and event planning
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, strong organizational skills
- Power user of Microsoft Office.
If you’re excited by this, if you’re ready to maximize your potential, if you’re ready to “SCALE UP” in your life and help the company scale up whilst making a difference then apply today with your resume. Video resumes preferred. Apply now and let’s do this together.